Benefits of Aquatic Therapy:
- Warm water facilitates muscle relaxation and decreases pain.
- Buoyancy of water greatly reduces body mass and provides support which allows for easier and less painful movement.
- Viscosity of water provides resistance for increasing strength and stability.
- Warm water provides an enjoyable medium in which to exercise, thus increasing a patient’s confidence.
- Participation in aquatic therapy provides an easier transition to land therapy as well as an excellent medium to progress function.
- Aquatic therapy can provide an earlier entrance into the rehabilitation process, which may improve the patient’s outcome.
Treatment may benefit patients with the following conditions: Fibromyalgia Arthritis Joint replacements Back and neck pain Sports related injuries Gait and balance disorders Post-surgical conditions For more information call 770-219-8200.